My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Sunday, April 06, 2008

Another thought?

I was reading Jesus M.D. today (love this book a lot) - it's just talking about how this missionary doctor view Jesus Christ as the Great Physician & what are some of the things he learnt, and encountered as he journeyed his life as a missionary doctor. I have no intention whatsoever to be a missionary doctor at this point of time(maybe God will do something in future - I don't know) but I just wanna know more about God's thoughts about being a doctor - a doctor that carry His gospel & light around.
Just finished a chapter and this part really caught my attention:
"It convinced me that being a physician on a mission field, like being a Christian committed to serving Christ everywhere, would mean facing situations for which I could never be fully prepared. It would mean taking the risk of trusting God to use me despite my own inadequacies - in knowledge, skill & experience." - David Stevens

No comments: