My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Monday, June 02, 2008

Something is happening!!! :-)

3 weeks left to go!

Hrm, somehow really thank God that His peace is constantly within me. Although there is so much to study, so much to improve in my case presentation, but everything seems to be fine when God is in control!

Today, we had our first ever AUSTIN HOSPITAL PRAYER MEETING! One of my course mates told me they are gonna start a prayer meeting where people – Christians/non-Christians alike can come and pray together for our exams. I was like “Cool! I’ll come!”

So, this afternoon, as soon as I finished my lunch, I rushed off to the hospital chapel. My group members were like “Oh! You’re going for the prayer meet. Can you pray for us too?” I was like “Of course!”

Although at the prayer meeting, there were only 4 of us, as we pray for the hospital & the patients, for each other & our exams, felt God’s presence so strongly in our midst. Then one of them said “Let’s just tell the guys in the lecture later about this prayer meeting. Lets all of us go to the front and each say something about this meeting!”

How many people know that I am totally not the “in front of stage making announcement” guy! I was like, er… “God, do you really want me to do that?” Then, felt God saying, “So, are you making a stand for me? If yes, now is the time!” In the end, I did it. Said what I wanna say (which was just telling everyone what we do during prayer meet), and went back to my seat and got ready for the lecture.

Towards the end of the day, one of my group mates asked us, “So, how was prayer meet today?” & we sorta told him it went well, and my friend invited my group mate along for next week’s prayer meeting, and he said “Yah, maybe I would!” How awesome is that!!! God just reminded me that He is at work even in my work area. I never make it an active point to talk to my friends at work much about God, but now God is saying that He is setting the condition right for Him to be made known to the people in this hospital. I’m excited now, and desire to see more and more people turn up for prayer meeting, just to receive His blessings!

1 comment:

Chuen said...

good on you! When two or more are gathered in God's name there He will be :) What a great way to bring God's name into your workplace.

Hope you've been sleeping enough! Praying for you!