My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Thursday, December 07, 2006

Do you know that....

Studies have shown that:-

95% - of Christians have never led anyone to Jesus
49% - of born again Christians brought a friend to church
30% - of born again Christians feel that they have a personal responsibility to share the gospel
20% - of born again Christians shared their faith to a non-Christian friend

As for those who don’t know Christ,

5% are hostile
20% are somewhat resistant
36% are neutral & open for discussion
28% are searching, will read & listen to what you passed to them
11% are the most receptive


Sometimes, I felt that I fall into the 30% category, knowing the responsibility God has entrusted it unto me, but yet, I struggle to just make the steps… “I can’t talk to this person” “A lot to do for EOS (end of semester) exams” “I’ll talk to him later” … all these are some of the excuses that took hold of me. I totally neglect the true reason of sharing with my friends bout Jesus. It’s not so much about responsibility, it is not so much of merely obeying… because if I just keep those reasons in mind, everything will be burdensome someday, I will soon grow tired and later lose faith in what I do.
But the reason why I wanna do this because of the love I have for the people around me. It is because of the desire to see them coming to know the Jesus, sharing the same faith, faithfully serving the unfailing God & anticipate together great things happening thru Him, & finally, celebrating together at the table of the Lord! This is what I felt is real reason of what we do each day… not purely because we are asked to, or because we are commanded to, but because we willing to. It is our heart that counts at the end of the day. God is not looking at our results, but He is looking at our hearts. Are our hearts right with God??? We love people because God loves us & all the people that He created. Consider it a joy to serve Him & to share HIStory with people around us...
How bout you? Where do you fit in those figures? Let’s bridge the 36+28+11=75% people for Jesus!!! Let this Christmas not be a passing by moment for the love ones around us, rather let this season be a fresh encounter between them & God! Let's press upon Him to see great things happening around our midst this Christmas!!!

No comments: