My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Epidemic!!!

It has been a crazy change. The day light saving is over. All of us switched our clock back to an hour earlier. The climate is slowly changing towards the winter form. Sun no longer stay up til 9pm. By 6.30pm, the sky starts to darken. As for the temperature, it is Melbourne. As erratic as usual; with weird warm day and cold nights.

In the midst of slight climatic shift, the viral epidemic occurs among Year 3 medical students in Melbourne uni. I was sitting in lecture as usual, trying my best to pay my best attention to what virology is all about, and the sniffing caught my attention. Turns out, I was not the only one trying to wipe off my running nose…(I am a victim of rhinovirus-a virus I suspect that cause my flu & cough) Here and there, I heard people blowing the nose, coughing, sniffing; all these are signs & symptoms of common cold that is rapidly infecting everyone now.

This epidemic is not limited to the compound of Melbourne uni. One by one, students and tutors in IH start to fall sick. Start off with one fellow staying at the end of corridor, and slowly the opposite end student start to have common symptoms. Such epidemic is not limited to one floor, but it infects students from different floors and different building.

I guess nobody is gonna recover til we are all vaccinated by flu vaccine. I think, if chuen’s here, she will definitely freak out and run around wearing a face mask. Hehehe. Or worse excuse, she will go for a shoppo-therapeutic agent in MNG or MYER. Just hope she won’t kill me when she sees this blog. Then again, she won’t because she needs me to hang out with her when she gets to Melbourne. Further more, if she terminates me, who else in this world is able to tolerate “SU CHUEN”... Chuen, you know what I mean. Just miss those days where we talk and tease each other. Here’s a tribute to you k.

3 comments:

Chuen said...

hahaha thanks for the tribute. don't worry i'm still very much alive. just quite stressed at the impending osce's. ugh, can't wait to get to melbourne for my little break.

Chuen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonathan is my name! said...

hehehe.. yah i heard about your osce.. but not to worry.. doctors in aussie are generally nice.. except for your cardio prof ;-)
yah, cant wait to have you hear during easter.. make sure you find me also k.. dont just go shopping le.. do some visiting out of melb too..