My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Sunday, December 30, 2007

Thank You!


As 2007 is coming to an end, Ps Tim always helps the church to reflect how our year has been, and how God has graciously brought us through our year despite the valleys and mountains we each faced uniquely as our year went by. As pastor was talking about giving thanks to God, I was reminded that how much blessings and provision God has poured unto my life this year.

I really thank God for being God! Without having Him as someone I can totally rely and count on at every corner of my life, I can’t imagine how my 2007 will turn out to be, especially being in Melbourne.

My top 5 thanksgiving to God in 2007:-

1. Thank God for always there to comfort me, to provide peace, especially when I first landed in Melbourne, when everything seemed so foreign, everyone seemed so distance, where I have to make every effort to try to get used to without having my family & close friends with me, without having a car to move about, having to start finding a suitable church and praying for like-minded friends. I praise Him for the doors He opened and the grounds He leveled for me so that my path is straight and smooth! I found a group of great friends and spiritual family, a church that continuously stirring me and I kinda got used to the lifestyle there although I very much prefer the life in KL.

2. I thank God for the growth He had planned for me. The way I read the Word, on how I interact with people, how much I’ve been challenged by Him to step out of my comfort zone to interact with people, to speak boldly on what I believe in, and to never compromise my faith & stand. I thank Him for the doors He opened to allow me to be a part of others’ spiritual growth and spiritual journey. It’s such an honour to be a part of His work! And I’m excited for more in 2008.

3. I thank God for His favours and blessings. I was sick when I first arrived Melbourne and it led me to undergo few months of medication. The peace, assurance, and hope that He has promised sustained me and keep me going all the way! Even looking for houses, air tickets, settling some issues with my landlord were doors of favours by God. I don’t know how it works, but I know it is His works.

4. I thank God for the financial blessings that You’ve sustained my family, and constantly holding us together as one. I thank Him for the doors the He has opened and the strongholds that He has torn down. I pray that more and more of His ways will be working through my family as 2008 begins. Even these holidays, I thank God that You provided many days where we as family are able to spend time together. I thank You for the healing power that You’ve poured unto my mum and I thank You that she is recovering well!!!

5. I thank God for blessing me with my results, the reassurance that He restored in me, and I thank God for the rest that He provided even with the busy schedule I have throughout my clinical semester. I thank Him for His love and with His love, comes every other thing in my life!


Psa105:

1 Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.
2 Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.
3 Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.
4 Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.
5 Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,
6 O descendants of Abraham his servant, O sons of Jacob, his chosen ones.


THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU!

No comments: