My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Shaping the right perception!

I was listening to his Ps Steven Furtick preaching about Perception!

He said, “how you receive someone/thing depends greatly on how you perceive someone/thing.”

Totally agree! Our perception greatly shapes our mind to see certain things in a certain way. Even in your toughest situation, if we view it from God’s point of you, we deal with the situation a lil’ different compared if we deal with the situation with our own mind/strength/knowledge/ability.

He went on saying, “We may be in a certain condition, but that is not our ultimate position!”

What power words spoken! Because of a different perception! A perception from God’s point of view, not the world, not the self!

We sometimes think we are able to deal with things because the world shaped our mentality in such a way – if we can’t handle/solve the situation on our own, we are loser! We are not strong enough to live in the society these days! Or maybe some of us have this thought of “I can do it since I’m a brilliant student. Nothing is too difficult for me to handle!” Some of us try so hard to conceal their tough situation from others, fear others may laugh, or perceive that they are weak. Because of that, we put on a mask every time we leave our room. We fake a smile or an “I’m fine/ I’m good” answer whenever we are asked how we are doing. We are too egoistic to face defeat!

But what God says? “Trust Me!” “I’m the Author & Perfecter of your faith!” “My grace is sufficient for you!” “Take upon My yoke for it is light, and you will find rest for your soul!” “I am your refuge & strength!” “I made you the head and not the tail!” “You are more than a conqueror!”

His promises tell us differently about ourselves, and help us see a situation at a different perception. Like the scripture about the Prophet without Honor, Jesus wouldn’t perform miracles because the people in His hometown lack faith or lack a believing heart. They still perceived Him as the young carpenter, whose sisters were with them. Their viewpoint of God limits God’s ability to perform miracles in their lives.

Like what Steven Furtick said, “Don’t be immunized to Him that you miss His essence!”

Strong words eh? Lets allow God to reexamine our soul and shift every thought & perception that is not aligned to God’s word! Shake off every self- & worldly perception that is still leeching us!

THE WAY WE RECEIVE DEPENDS ON THE WAY WE PERCEIVE!

No comments: