My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Shift!

Felt really overwhelmed & burden yesterday and today. About studies, the thought of exams in June, ministry and random thoughts just made me feel so stretched & tired. I recognized the plot the enemy was setting to weaken my faith especially since I got back from Leaders’ retreat over the weekend. The retreat was empowering and very ministering.

As I was taking the tram back, the bridge of “Sold Out” really spoke!

“I’m holding onto You, All my desires in Your hand. I’m running after You, Jesus!”

Just draw my attention to what God says that He is always in control. His providence is always there to those who seek Him first.

As I got back home, start doing my devotion and just worshipping God, just felt so elevated. Just felt the exchange is happening. He is taking my burden & giving me His yoke for His yoke is light. I am able to find rest in Him!!! & as I was reading the bible, this verse spoke so strongly:

Isa52:1-2Awake, awake O Zion, clothe yourself with strength. Put on your garments of splendor, O Jerusalem, the holy city. The uncircumcised and defiled will not enter you again. Shake off your dust; rise up, sit enthroned, O Jerusalem. Free yourself from the chains on your neck, O captive Daughter of Zion.

It talks about clothing ourselves with God’s strength & glory. Clothes give protection, display glory to those who sees us in it! It talks about don’t let the things of the world and people to pull me down. It talks about shaking off the things that hinders us from coming to God. It talks about breaking free things/thoughts/words/situations that bring us down!

Just wanna proclaim this word every morning!

2 comments:

Chuen said...

Amen! His mercies are new every morning :) It's always refreshing to start the day with the conscious knowledge that God is in control.

Jonathan is my name! said...

thanks there...

yah, gotta live in His freedom everyday!