My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Saturday, July 05, 2008

He keeps on coming!

Favour, favour, favour!!!

That’s all I can say from our great & awesome God! Why?

I just finished exams last Wednesday and freedom from books, revisions, medicine is really fantastic… Just waking up doing nothing, or walking around the city without studies in my mind… All medical students understand how I feel now.

But let me tell you what happened on my Long case (this is the exam part, where we are required to spend an hour with a patient, find out why they are in the hospital and examine them, then formulate all your information and present the case to 2 doctors and they get to ask you all sort of questions regarding the patient or nothing at all) last Wednesday.

To start off, I left my house at 9.45am for my 11am session. It sounded a lot of time there, since the time to Austin Hospital takes about 40mins, but when I reached the train station, I was 4 mins away before my train arrives. Relieved! Then I look at the next train time, and it’s 30 mins later. I was like, THANK GOD! If I miss this train, I will certainly be late for my exam – which is a big NO NO!

Next, while I was doing my long case, I was interrupted by a social worker for a while. I thought, “Gosh, I’m gonna waste some time here, but anyway, it’s good to hear what she is going to say to the patient” So, I sorta copied down what she mentioned as part of my issues to be discussed later with the examiners. After she left, the invigilator came and told me I have 10 mins left. In my mind, I thought it was time since 1 hour has passed. So, my heart was like “Wohoo!” But this is the funny part; few mins later she returned to tell me that I get extra 5 mins since I was interrupted earlier. I was like, “Common God!” Apparently the other patients in the ward went to complain to my invigilator, asking her to give me more time since it wasn’t fair that I was interrupted. HOW AWESOME IS OUR GOD!

The rest was great as well… My patient was very cooperative. She was clear & given me all the information needed. My examiners, I thought they asked difficult questions which I couldn’t answer some, but overall, thought I went in with confident & answered the questions the best I could. So, yah my Wednesday was just favour after favour from God!

Gen28:15 “I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."

No comments: