My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Monday, July 07, 2008

Prepare the way!


Mark1: 2It is written in Isaiah the prophet:

"I will send my messenger ahead of you,
who will prepare your way"—
3"a voice of one calling in the desert,
'Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.'


I am still learning that it is never about me transforming lives, or never about me impacting the lives of others. It is ME MAKING WAY for God to do that. It is ME setting the environment right for God to move. Our part is to path the way for His Spirit to move among the people we lead. Say Urban Life – it is up to us to stir up an atmosphere of praise & worship so that everyone is in such a conducive environment to encounter God. Even trying to reach out to our friends, all we need to do is bring them to church, & let God’s presence impact them.

What are some of the ways that you can prepare for Him to move? A phone call? A house visit? A word of encouragement? Or simply just buying a friend a gift? It’s not always spiritual. It’s just being practical at times and meeting the needs of the people around us.

Something that God really spoken to me lately through Ps Matt – I was telling him that “we can bring the horse to the water, but we can’t make the horse drink” & he says, the key to this statement is “we gotta make the horse really thirsty. Then regardless whether we lead them to the water, they will automatically go around looking for water to drink because they ARE THIRSTY.” I was like SO TRUE!!! Also praying that God will give me to wisdom to this matter.

No comments: