My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Wednesday, February 08, 2006

It's good to be back!

“Proper diet & regular exercise are essential for physical health. A man who doesn’t eat everyday will be weak. Proper diet & regular exercise are also the keys to spiritual growth & health. A man who doesn’t read God’s Word everyday will be weak. A man who never reads it will soon be dead. Our spiritual food is the Word of God & our spiritual exercise is obedience. We need both, EVERYDAY!”

“A baby deprived of milk will be weak & sick. Likewise, a Christian who ignores God’s Word will be weak as the Word of God helps a believer to grow strong in faith. If we exercise & lift weights, our muscle mass will increase. Same goes with faith. The more we hear & read the Bible, the more our faith will grow.”


All above spoke to me at once as I was preparing for discipleship on Monday. As I was going through the chapter on “The Bible”, I was reminded of my inconsistency in meditating God’s Word for the past few weeks. Running errands, meeting up with friends, “resting”, watching O.C., boring house-visits during festive season; after all these activities, I was all drained & tired. Whenever I tried to open the Bible, I’ll be so sleepy, that I made up my mind “No point I go on & read cause I’ll fall sleep”… These are my excuses for not having my quiet times with God. I’ve been telling myself “I’ll do it tomorrow before this and that… and I won’t watch all the downloaded shows” but well, these never happen, not until lately.

Then I began to collect every broken pieces of my distracted mind & spent an hour to read through the Bible. As always, I’ll read & end it with prayers. Once I’ve finished, I felt so refresh. Felt that God was calling me back home after the long hours of playing outside. After that night, I was even more excited to return to church on Saturday night.

Last Saturday, during worship, Shawn sang this song called “A Broken Spirit”

A broken spirit & a contrite heart
You will not despise, you will not despise
You desire truth in the inwards parts
A broken spirit & a contrite heart

Lord, my heart is prone to wander
Prone to leave the God I love
Here’s my heart, Lord
Take & seal it
Seal it for Your courts above.



As I was just listening to this song, I felt that God embraced me with His presence. Felt that His comfort was there. Immediately, I felt ashamed & broke into tears. I asked for forgiveness. I told Him I don’t want to remain spiritually dried, I asked Him to refresh my spiritual well, I asked to be close to Him & to remain in His presence always. It’s like a child running back into his father’s arms after wandering around for sometime. Embracing His unfailing love. Lord, please guard my heart, seal it & protect it. Amen!

No comments: