My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Sunday, February 19, 2006

The truth vs another opinion...

You guys must be wondering, what is this all about. Is this another post about Christ again? Well, I can’t help it, because my life revolves around Him. Listen, many have said:

“How sure are you the Bible is true? Why can’t it be another opinion since it was written by human beings?”

“Don’t you think that there’s a possibility that the Bible is another book that some people compiled to try to win others to listen to the compiler?”

“If J. K. Rowling was born 2000 years ago & write 6 books of Harry Potter, don’t you think that she will be as famous as Jesus Christ, & every reader will believe what she says in the book?”

“Okay, I may agree that Jesus did a great job, saving us from sins. He has a nice heart, but how can you be sure that He is God?”

“If someone is able to go back to the past, & try to talk to the people then about the life now or try to spread some propaganda, do you think they will believe him as God like how they believe Jesus’ disciples when they tried to tell them about salvation?”

“Let’s say that in future, there is another someone who comes up and tells us that he is the truth and he is “God”, will you believe him and follow him? If you think he is wrong, how can you be so sure? Can’t the Bible be wrong too? It might be….”


See, the questions will continue to come up, whether you like it or not. People will start questioning your faith, will start asking about existence, and will insist that the Truth must be proven scientifically. I came from that background too. Being once an atheist, I always mock my friends who are trying to share with me. Somehow someway, I will be able to explain through what are they telling me about God. In the end, they realized that they came to a point that there is no point continuing to explain to me, and I have to experience God myself. Well, I told them I agree, and things came up which lead me to slowly begin to seek God and now, here I am.

2Tim3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (NKJV)

Now guys, hear me out. Although the Bible is written by humans, but everything inside is God-breathed. I checked the word inspiration in dictionary.com and it means “divine guidance or influence exerted directly on the mind and soul of humankind”. I guess it explains it all. Plus, if you say it’s another opinion or some “brainwash book”, do you think God will allow something that is false to circulate throughout the years? Do you think He will allow something that is not right to reach us and mislead us? Think again before you start questioning back. For those who’ve read the Bible, is there anything inside it that leads you to destruction? Is there anything that tells you to do the wrong things? With a conscience mind, I’m sure you guys will know what is right and wrong, and so far the Bible hasn’t say anything besides the right way to live. And if there’s a single thing that is wrong in the Bible, I believe God will put a stop.

Furthermore, the Bible is written by witnesses of God. Take the New Testament for example, they are written by the first witnesses of Christ. James, Paul John, Matthew. They are all in Jesus’ time. If you think they did this just to win someone’s heart, or to be influential, you must be wrong. Do you know how much the first generation Christians went through when they were trying to spread the Truth? Some were prosecuted, some were jailed, and others were ridiculed. Jesus himself was crucified for spreading the Word of God. Do you think someone will just go through all those tortures just to win some influence from the people? Think again people. No one is that mental to do so. Unless, for other reasons. We were the reasons Jesus went through all those torture, so that we are reunited with God once again. He went through everything for our salvation.

Secondly, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. How can I be sure? Because God Himself claimed so.

Mat3:16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. 17And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

Someone asked me. If God is Almighty, and He loves us so much, why didn’t He send Jesus as soon as the first man sin? Why wait until 2000 years ago for Jesus to come? Well, we can’t measure God’s timing. His timing and ours aren’t the same. Plus, during those periods, God prepared His people for the coming Messiah. God sent many prophets to tell them to get ready. And don’t you think that 2000 years ago, it is just the perfect time for Jesus to come. It happened during the Roman’s civilization and when history is being recorded. Imagine if Jesus’ coming is way earlier, where there aren’t any substantial records of history, don’t you think it will create greater conflict today? Here it is, happened during Roman’s time not too long ago. God’s timing is never wrong. It is the right time for everything, for people to witness and experience God. My theory is “if you accept the Romans, why not Jesus!” J

There are so many “what ifs” around. People saying what if this, what if that. But here’s the thing, it is only “what if” and never more. God won’t allow those to happen. Until those what ifs begin to happen, this is my case, and here’s my stand. With God. The choice is ours, whether we choose to believe in Christ or not. God so loves us that He gave us the choice to choose. I’ve made mine, what’s yours?

John3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

No comments: