My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Friday, June 16, 2006

Unnecessary Business most are doing!

This is a post about typical malaysian drivers that can't mind their own business when they are on the road.

Last Monday, after CSU I decided to go home since its around 4+pm & the sky is kinda dark. Don't wanna get stuck in the jam, especially when it rains later. As I was approaching cheras area, guess what I saw from far? This properly lined vehicles, with all their back red lights on, queuing through the highway. MASSIVE JAM. I was like, darn it! Must be an accident. Here, thought I was smart enough to go back early in order to break the traffic. Some people just have to drive recklessly & got into an accident. (I wanted to rush home so that I can study for my exam on Wednesday)
As I began to approach part of the road when the jam began to subside, to my great suprise, I found that the accident was at the opposite of the road. I WAS LIKE, WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE MALAYSIANS? Here, at my side of the road, motorcyclist stopped by the road side to see. Some cars parked at the side of the road, I ASSUME they went across to help. & the remaining cars passing that area, DECIDED TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THE ACCIDENT & STARTED SLOWING DOWN & TURN THEIR KAY-POH-CHEE (busybody in cantonese) HEAD TO TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED!
In my mind, I was thinking, these people, being the TYPICAL malaysians not even helping in the accident, but participating in witnessing it so that when they go back home, they can tell the incident to their love ones, or worst, after passing the accident area, they went on their journey with an empty mind. Don't they realise that they are holding all the cars back, causing massive unnecessary traffic jam! Causing unnecessary petrol combustion which further contributes to environmental hazards! Most important of all, they are wasting every other people's time, ESPECIALLY MINE!
Here's some tips what you should do if you see an accident & you don't feel like helping out (Helping out means get out of the car & help the victims not sit by the roadside & watch)
1.Tell yourself it is none of my business!
2. Don't have the slightest idea of pressing your break to slow down & look at the side. Look in front instead. Chances are, you will bang the car in front of you if you are so involved with what happened at the other side of the road. Then you will cause another massive unwanted traffic jam, & causes you $$$ to fix your vehicle.
3. Press your horn to tell the people who is slowing down in front of you to keep moving.
4. If you have the urge to "check-out" what happen, refer to point 1 & 2 again. Tell yourself that if the accident is major enough, you will catch it in the news at night or "the star" tmrw morning. If it is not reported, chances are the accident is minor & it is not worth your time knowing. Hence, in future, remember this important point.
I think in terms of accident watching, its gonna be MALAYSIA BOLEH!

1 comment:

lishun said...

i so totally agree with this. was stuck in a jam at seremban for freaking 45 mins because of TWO accidents on the opposite side of the road. aargh aargh aargh.