My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Monday, July 03, 2006

Dartboard or Pipeline?


One day during my devotional time, this thought came to my mind: “Don’t let life happen to you. Let life happen through you.”

The first phrase described me to a T, for I tended to see life as something coming at me. I felt like a worn-out dartboard. I was using all my energies to shield myself from the darts of life’s trials.

But the second phrase, “Let life happen through you,” presented a different approach. Instead of dodging life’s fiery darts, I was to let God’s life and love be channeled through me, blessing me on its way to blessing others.-Joanie Yoder

Col1:24Now I rejoice in what was suffered for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church. 25I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness— 26the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints. 27To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
28We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. 29To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.

In his letter to the Colossians, Paul mentioned the many troubles he was facing. Yet he was determined to be a channel of blessing by allowing God to work through him. What about you? Are you a dartboard or a pipeline?

No comments: