My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Saturday, June 23, 2007

BAD EXPERIENCE

MARK THIS MOMENT! IT’S TODAY!!!! Never again will I put on contact lenses. Today is my FIRST & LAST!!! I have no idea how so many people including my sister and my mum can survive with such a pain of putting on those 2 small little lenses and at the end of the day, casually take it without any struggle…

Took my sister ½ hr this afternoon to help me put on those lenses. After meeting my best friend, who thought I’ve use lenses for ages, I came home; wanting to take them out cause they are hurting my eyes. My eyes felt itchy and uneasy when the lenses were on, every now and then I sorta rub my eyes (I know I shouldn’t do that but it’s irritating) to relieve the discomfort that my eyes were experiencing.

I asked my mum & sister to help me remove those 2 lenses since they are the expert of contact lenses. Instructions kept firing out of their mouth “Look straight!!” “Look down!!” “Don’t blink!!” “Don’t move your eye ball!!” I was like, these are reflexes. Whenever you touch the eye ball, or my eye lid, your body will send a reflex to cause your eyes to shut as a protective mechanism! I tried every way, putting more solution into my eye, try to blink like gila babi, non stop trying to push my eye lid as far apart as possible… Finally after much struggle, and minutes of torture moments, they came off…

My eyes are now red and swollen… Slightly painful for the consistent trauma in such a short period of time. I told myself, as long as I’m still breathing, I’ll NEVER attempt a second time of using contact lenses. MARK MY WORDS!
Such a torture....

2 comments:

LX said...

Trust me. It isn't as hard as you thought. When I first put on, my eyes were swollen red because I kept blinking. The optician had to put the lens in my eye some more. I guess you need to change the contact lenses brand.. a good one means you don't even feel you're wearing them. If you keeps feeling something is in your eyes, that means either it's terbalik, dusty or the lens keeps moving around your eyeball.

Jonathan is my name! said...

hey there

havent heard from you from ages.. how is it going? but er.. no le.. dont think i wanna use it again.. its just too troublesome.. lol