My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Sunday, June 17, 2007

A fulfilling week

It has been a week since I got back from Melbourne. I have to say that I didn’t roll around KLIA or kiss the ground of KL, but I’m really blessed to be back with my family, church, friends, car, ringgit, food, etc

What I’ve accomplished so far?
- Dim sum, beef noodles, mee rebus & cendol, baked cauliflower, KFC, McD, cheese naan, Milo kosong ais, wantan mee, nasi lemak, roti canai

My must-eat-list that yet to come…
- Yee mee soup, naan in ampang, ampang yong tau foo, fish ball noodles, American chilli, seafood noodles, Mongolian steamboat, bak kut teh, my tg tokong asam laksa & seafood (guess gotta postpone it again to end of this year)… definitely the list is longer but I just can’t think of any at the moment
- Since I’m going to Bangkok next week, looking forward to green curry, mango sticky rice, beef noodles, tom yam, more seafood, pat thai


Besides food, church is awesome. Remember when I first arrived church on Sunday, Ps Tim was at the door greeting people it was just good to see him again, and after coming into the sanctuary, PC was there! Church felt that same even after 4 months of not being in ECF. It felt as though I never left home.
I went for the Campus Champ meeting, and seeing Edwina grown so much despite the things that she’s going through made me felt assured, or like what Shawn said “big heart” to see the growth in her. Remember the time when we saw the desire in her to win the generation over for God, and the urgency we saw in equipping her as much as we could; and now, the fruitfulness in her, fruit that will last! Really reminded me of 1cor15:58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. This shows that we just have to be faithful in whatever we’re doing, and God will make things beautiful in His time. I’m excited to meet up with them next week, to share with them the journey in Melbourne, what God taught me along the way.

Besides seeing Edwina, really impacted by what PC shared about being a leader. If we as light is as dim as darkness, how can be bring light into darkness… That really struck me. How can we shine and stand firm in God’s truth if we ourselves have things that hinder or stopping us from being what God wants us to be? How can we lead others to the light if we ourselves are not the living example of the gospel that we proclaim? This made me really look into my life, to see if there’s anything that I need to crucify it on the cross, to come to God to repent, and let the word of God be heavy in my heart.

My cell group leader in Melbourne shared with me once, that in Ephesians6, it talks about the armor of God, and the only thing that God gave us as weapon is the “Sword of Spirit” and as I was doing my devotion, I came about gal5: 16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. This verse speaks for itself.

Besides that, really appreciate the time spent with Shawn and Steven, and looking forward to have more time with the leaders next week. It is always an honour to spend moments with them, as what I gain is more than what I give. Hearing their visions, their passions that God has dropped into their heart, and how God has used them mightily in ministry really encourage and stir me.

Nevertheless, the lunch time with my high school friends; meeting up with Kenn; spending time mamaking with Jenny, Jay & Chu; movie outing with my Makan Club members; all of that are awesome time spent! Went to KLCC 3 times last week, to shop and to look for more clothes, but sadly speaking, I can’t find anything desirable. Don’t know if Melbourne has bleach my passion for clothing, but I’m not gonna give up. 2 weeks more to fulfill my shopping so that I can bring more clothes back.

These are all my thoughts and what I did for my first week back in KL… 2 weeks to go, hope it’ll be more exciting! Looking forward to Bangkok where I can spend great quality time with my family...

No comments: