My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Wednesday, August 29, 2007

He made a way!

One day, as I was having meals with my friends, one of them said, “Hey, don’t think you can eat food prayed over by the Muslims. It’s blasphemy if you do.”

In my mind I was thinking, hrmm… if that’s the case, I’ve sin so many times. I’ve disobeyed God abundantly since I’ve gone to food stalls in KL eating nasi lemak, roti canai, etc cooked by Muslims. That’s no good. Some even say the food offered by Chinese to their gods is not “clean” to be eaten. Some Christians even say there is certain food which we can eat, and some which we can’t. I asked God; if that’s the case, if You are limiting the types of food which we can eat, then why create every other varieties. Why placed skills and talents into different people from different background to come with different varieties of food!!! Just stay on with bread, or rice, chicken & green vege. Not only you will stay within rules, you won’t get fat by consuming food like nasi lemak, rendang, barbeque pork, etc.

As I was doing my devotion today, this verse was so real to me!

1tim4: 1The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

His word says He made everything good!!! Everything that God created was good (Gen1:31) So if God says everything He made was good, who are we to say there’s restriction to food. This verse reaffirms me that, God is not a God of rules, but a God of relationship. He said that everything should be received with thanksgiving, & by His word & prayer, it shall be cleaned. In the name of Jesus, all that we eat shall be sanctified. If we still live a life following a bunch of rules, then our salvation, our relationship with God is no longer by grace, but by our deeds.

This verse also speaks about faith, about our believing life. It talks about whom we believe & the power of who we believe. I believe, Jesus who made His way to the cross & paid the price of our sin & rose from the death on the 3rd day is able to make a way for me in all the food that I eat. There is freedom in the name of Jesus. Free from all sin and shame! We no longer need to live by the dos & don’ts put forth by men. All we need is Jesus in our lives! In Jesus’ most powerful name I pray!!!

No comments: