My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Sunday, August 12, 2007

Level up!

What another week. A tiring and energy consuming one… Being back in Melbourne for the weekend somehow took my mind off study and medicine, but I certainly didn’t get the rest I needed. Time seems so short (1/2 of the time I’m not sure what I’ve spent it on). Anyhow I had a good time with my friend, Wern & her family. She graduated yesterday a degree holder of Bachelor of Arts. Had a wonderful meal together with them and it did somehow remind me of the times our families used to hang out together & go for meals. It’s just fantabulous!

I haven’t been doing much devotion due to my dense schedule. It’s not an excuse and I know I must get my time sorted out for God, not out of obligation, but out of hunger for His daily bread. Last week, as I was going through my church’s beginner course, these verses captured my attention.

romans4: 18Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be."[d] 19Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah's womb was also dead. 20Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, 21being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.

What a high level of faith Abraham has. Despite the reality of “hopelessness” knowing that in the natural world, rationally speaking, he and his wife were too old to have a kid, but Abraham did not waver, his belief was not shaken. Rather, he strengthened his faith even more and continues to praise God for it, trusting and knowing that God will do whatever He has promised.

Sometimes, we are persuaded and convinced by the situation around us, when things go out of our hand, when we lost controls of situations of our lives… we began to lose hope, we tend to believe that we gotta end up with the consequences of the situations we are in. We forgot that God is the ultimate control of our lives. Situations are never in our hands, within our control; they are always in His control. He has ordained our days before they come to be. Let’s believe for a greater breakthrough in whatever things we are facing, let’s believe that God’s promises and favor prevail. His hands rest on us. We are always in His heart. He always thinks about us. He will never let anything bad happen to His creations because He so love us.

Yesterday, as I was talking to Shawn, he told us that ECF sealed the deal for the new lot for our extension service in Damansara. It doesn’t end there; he said that church has bought a new land for our new building. It’s gonna be bigger & can accommodate the expansion that God has entrusted us. Felt that God’s favor and provision are resting upon us now. It is THE SEASON for ECF!!! Really praise God and thank Him for such a tremendous blessing. If it’s God’s will, it’s His deal. Now, praying for His bill too. ;-) Am excited to go back end of this year to see and hear the plans that God has for our new place. It’s gonna be a WHOLE NEW LEVEL!!!!

No comments: