My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wait for Him!

Was reading this book, and this particular paragraph spoke to me.


“When you are trying to wait on God, the enemy will pound your mind continuously demanding that you “do something”. He wants to move you in fleshly zeal because he knows that the flesh profits nothing (John6:63)


And this is totally opposite to what God says…


1Kings19 God told Elijah to go up and stand on the mountaintop (wait over there) and He revealed to Elijah in that still small voice


Isa40:31 Those who wait upon the Lord will rise on wings of eagles. The will not grow weary of be faint!


Psa5:3 …in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.


Psa37:7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways…


Psa46:10 Be still, and know that I am God…


I am not suggesting, not revising or studying or preparing for interviews… but in the midst of all these, gotta make sure my heart is at peace; it is constantly waiting upon Him vs constantly at a go – trying to rationalize and take matters in my own hand and do something all the time. I am limited in what I do with my own strength, but with God the SUPER-natural and the EXTRA-ordinary will come!

No comments: