My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Tuesday, January 30, 2007

All packed finally!

FINALLY! All packed! After days of mind boggling & stress, I finally managed to squeeze everything I need to less than 30kg. Which obviously is not sufficient but I just have to live with it, well, at least for now…

Yesterday, as I attempted to do my final packing-trying to cramp as many shirts as possible into my luggage bag, with every corner left after the shirts & trousers, I slot in my rolled t-shirts, with every thought of trying to maximize the space so that I can bring as many stuff as I could. After completing it, I tried weighing it for the first time…

Scale showed 40.6KG! Sweat started dripping from my forehead… With a disappointed mood I slowly & tearfully remove my excess jeans, trousers, shirts, t-shirts… Next round of weighing:- 38.5kg!!!!

I was like what?? Still need to take out more? & I repeated the same act again.. 3rd round of weighing:- 34.3kg!!!! Oh no! More stuff to take out… & I slowly took out my toiletries… 4th round:- 30.2kg!!! Ahhhhh! At last… Time was 2.10am; spent 2 hours plus stressing out with my main luggage bag.

Next my cabin bag, which I am using a haversack. Weigh about 20+kg because of my books. I hope the people in the airport will allow me in without checking the size & weight. & finally, my laptop bag, which I cramped in every documents, folders, small books I need to read…. Hope I’ll be able to drag it all to Melbourne without any hurdles. Need God’s favor now!

1 day left…

No comments: