My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Friday, January 12, 2007

Pre-departure thoughts!

I'm left with 2 weeks... The first week of holidays is so liberating. Slept around 3am, woke up at 9, but yet feel so contented, feel so rested, feel so relaxed, all bcoz revisions and exams are no longer lingering in my mind, at least, not for this 3 weeks...

Been going around buying luggage bag, paying my air ticket, complete my medical check-up, settling my bank accounts, trying my very best to complete my must-eat-list before 31st Jan, meeting up with friends that I know I won't see for at least a year...

But whenever I quiet down, there are so many thoughts running in my mind...

1. I was thinking if all my clothes are able to fit into my luggage bag considering the amount I needed to bring over to Melb. Don't be deceive by the pics below.. It looks alot but honestly, it is just enough for a month... or so..


2. I'll be missing my parents & sister greatly; the noise of arguing among one another (something that we often do out of casualty),my mum constant nagging but yet caring, the loudness of my living room TV, all these in exchange for a quiet night in my room when I get to Melb.. Probably singing "All By Myself" when I miss home.. tears!!!!

3. Worrying about my supper that I need every night. When I get to Melb, with no car & everything is in AUD, I'll be thinking twice whenever I have the desire to eat at night. I can imagine myself thinking about my fav penang asam laksa & seafood which can only be found in Tg Tokong, kuching laksa, dim sum, beef noodles, wantan mee, naan, the list goes on(go back to previous post & check my must-eat list)...

4. Church... Since it is a transition year, I wonder if I ever will find a church as warm & as caring as my spiritual family in ECF... Pastor's analytical sermons, PC's inspiring thoughts, Steven my discipler, Shawn, the LUCT's loudness, my fellow ushers, my LIFE group members.. It has been a great spiritual learning & building together for the past 2 years...

5. My friends...high school, taylors, ECF, IMU... So many footprints left in my life.. Those UKians, esp Jiawen & Nigel, I certainly have no idea as to when we will meet again considering the fact that you guys plan to work in UK.. Well, just have to place my hope on Air asia..

6. Thinking my 2 best friends are soon leaving for Ade.. I still find it hard adjusting that I gotta complete my medical career path without both of you close by my side. I'll definitely cherish the memories that we have built together.

Chris, thanks for being such a great spiritual partner, a brother in Christ and ever unfailing friend.. You're the best!!! Still can't believe you're from KK... hahah, KL is the best le! You just have to live with it.. See, you found your "bestest" friend & your soon-to-be life partner in KL... what more man.. See God is trying to reveal the truth of KL.. Lol... Bro, will miss the talks, sharings, chattings, & teasings that we constantly share.. Oh yah, pls don't go over to Ade & find another lamp post k.. I'll sue you for neglecting your property in Melb... :-)

Auntie Chuen, for being my kaki in lecture, always talking and distracting me from concentrating in lecture.. brain wash me to skip lousy lectures... Really appreciate to have you as a friend since Taylors.. Sleepovers that we have, the time we usually hang out in Chilli's, the trip that we made to Spore.. You'll always be my benchmark of lousiness... For everything, as long as you don't know something I don't too, I won't feel so dumb.. & pls, try not to spend so much when you get to Ade, learn some cooking from Christine k.. & help Steph wash toilet bowl..

7. My car... Still can't imagine that my legs are gonna be my main mode of transportation.. My friend told me once, "My place is not too far from uni, 30 mins walk!" & I was like "What?????" Hopefully everything will be so near to my halls that I don't need to walk like crazy.. Praying that my friend will get a car there.. Not to mention going to church.. Hopefully God will send someone to fetch me there ;)

8. I'll miss KLCC alot alot alot. Walking in the building knowing that you're in the best complex in M'sia (no doubt, pls whoever disagrees, stop arguing back.. check ur facts first)... & my fav washroom in Mandarin Oriental too..

Arrgggghhhh!!!!! 2 more weeks to go..

Results will be out this Mon.. Chris & Chuen leaving on Mon.. Thinking of the Spore trip that we're planning to go on the last week... Trying to find time to meet diff ppl for meals, & spend as much time as possible with my parents...

Oh no, post-sem 5 hols is so short.. kinda sad... Trusting God to work for the best in Melb in 2007... Hopefully I'll pass my exams.. pray for me k!

No comments: