My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I’ve spent months, day & night, while eating, driving, sleeping, etc preparing for tomorrow.

I’ve spent days running to IDP Subang checking my offer from University of Melbourne.

I’ve paid my first payment for my 1st semester in University of Melbourne.

I’m gonna pay my deposit to secure a place in International House.

I’ve swiped my credit cards dozen times for applications, visa, clothes, etc.

I’ve spent nights dreaming and thinking that I’ll have lots of fun in Melbourne.

My only nightmare for this year is when I couldn’t pass my End of Semester Exams.

The only thing that keeps me at peace is having God by my side. I’m pressing upon what He said in Jer29:11” For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

To say I’m not worry, that’s the biggest deception to you all. I’ll probably be called a hypocrite. I was initially. I was complaining to Chris the other day of my fear of not being able to make it. But now, it is by His grace that I am at peace. Although even til this moment, as I attempt some PYQs, there are many many info that I’ve forgotten. I need to refer my notes all the time.

Like I said, there is no way I can pass this exam without God’s provision & help. It is just too impossible for me to do so. During service, this Ps said “It is when impossibles set in that you will begin to see God’s miracles. For if we face difficulties, we still can try harder, but when we face “the impossible”, we see God’s touch begin to set place” I was like “Amen to that!!!”

As for now, I’m excited to see what God has prepared for me this year. Last year was all about equipping & learning. It is my prayer that God will do greater things in my family & in me as I embark my journey in Melbourne. I believe it will be a greater challenge as I dunno if I could find another church like ECF, and not having like-minded people around, things may happen.

Gen8:20 Then Noah built an altar to the LORD and, taking some of all the clean animals and clean birds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it. 21 The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: "Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though [a] every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.”

It is my desire that 2007 will be a pleasing aroma to God as I faithfully walk in His way. I pray that He will stretch me even more, to do things that now I am unexpected to do. Let this year start right so that at the end of 2007, God will say “Wenhao, you’ve lived this year well. (With a pat on my back)” There won’t be any resolutions from me coz resolutions will never take place, but I am filled with anticipations to see how this year will take place as God strategically place miracles & challenges in my life.

Kinda sad actually that I’ll be leaving my family. Can’t imagine how’s life in Melbourne without the usual noise at home, my sister talking, my mum nagging & my dad’s loud TV. My best friends will be in Adelaide. My spiritual family & my Life group members. My high school & uni mates. KLCC. My Malaysian food will be left behind. I can’t spend money like how I do over here. My only transport is my 2 lower limbs. But I’ll keep God with me wherever I go.

Father, thanks for a blessed 2006, and I hope let 2007 be lived according to your will! Just wanna honour & glorify You in all things!

No comments: