My flesh & heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever!


Thursday, January 04, 2007

OSPE Disaster!!!!

Staring at the picture of the spine seriously, with a thoughtful look, thinking “I know this. It’s at my finger tip, common WH, what’s the component of intervetebral disc. One is nucleus pulposus. What’s the tissue around it?”

BEEEEEEPPPPP!!!!!!! The buzzle rang, & OSPE ended. In my heart, "One down, 3 more to go"

That’s it. Once my paper was collected, I asked the person next to me,

Me:-What’s the other thing besides nucleus pulposus?
Friend answered:- Annulus fibrosus


AAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

It’s there but it’s not there.. Nowadays I tend to forget what’ve read easily. Never mind, just one mark gone for now. Then, Chuen came to me & burst out sobbing about:-

Chuen:- Argh!!! Brachial Plexus!!! I totally screw it! (She went on and on about it until I told her the answers)
Chuen:- Yes!!! I got it correct after all
Me:- See la, complain complain before checking your answers


Then I asked her about the microbial question:-

Me:- I remembered the bacteria starts with “L” but I can’t remember what it is, so I just tembak “Legionella pneumophilla”
Chuen:- It’s Leptospira interrogans. It always affect meninges, liver & kidney


10 marks disappear for a wrong diagnosis. All my answers that follow is -------------

After quarantine, I overheard some of my friends discussing about the paper. So I went over & checked with them.

Friend A:- Neh, the pituitary adenoma, what else to describe? I don’t see any changes besides the pituitary enlargement

After hearing that, I went hysterical and quickly asked my friends to tell me which question they were talking about as I remembered correctly, I never came across any pictures, graphs, models, what-so-ever that resembles pituitary adenoma.. & my friend replied:-

Friend A:- It is the one where the bodyguard had an accident. He had swelling of soft tissue of hands & feet.
Me:- WHAT??? I thought that was because of the accident. It leads to soft tissue swelling. OH NO!!!!


Another 10 marks flew off my palm. Feeling extremely low & depressed & irritated & moody & I can’t describe how I felt anymore; my friends & I decided to head to Sri Petaling for lunch. As we were walking,

Friend B:- Hey, the cancer in the brain is because of melanoma right???

Having heard that, I suddenly remembered the question mentioning about melanoma & I totally answer the question wrongly by saying the lesion in the brain is because of cerebral hemorrhage. NOT AGAIN!!!! 5 marks gone…

Lunch over, drove home, & can’t resist but to screen through my notes to check my answers to salvage any hope left for my OSPE paper. & so far I found I lost additional 15marks. Now, looking at my OSPE condition, I don’t stand a chance for an A anymore. Hopefully I’m able to pass. Only pressing upon God’s miracle now. My only hope to Melbourne…. 2 days to go.

3 comments:

LX said...

That's why I have an unwritten rule - never discuss exam questions or answers after sitting for the exam. The frustrations that come have too much negative side effects. It's better to not know. What you don't know won't hurt you as much. LOL.

Jonathan is my name! said...

hahaha.. true also ler.. but sometimes, i'm just tempted to know if i did things correctly.. or sometimes, i just cant help but overheard ppl discussing!

Stephanie Wong said...

don't worry man, i didn't read the melanoma history either....